These sayings and affirmations are to help you to prepare for labor, they can be repeated to help you have your ideal birth.
Just as a womans heart knows how and when to pump, her lungs to inhale, and her hand to pull back from fire, so she knows when and how to give birth.
~ Virginia Di Orio
The same movements that get the baby in, get the baby out
~ From Birthing From Within
You will emerge from uncertainty into great peace and freedom.
The Candle Imagine that your pelvis is a candle with a flame in the middle
As my contractions come, the flame burns brighter.
My body is the wax of the candle, warming and yielding to the flame.
The more I breathe, the brighter the candle burns.
The wax melts and drips with each contraction.
My body becomes looser and opens to the flame.
I see my pelvis becoming soft and warm and pliable.
I breathe. With each contraction, the candle becomes softer.
I melt with the candle.
My breath helps the candle burn brighter, melting quicker.
I remain soft, warm, and yielding.
~ Barbara Harper Gentle Birth Choices
Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.
~ Claudia Lowe
300,000 women will be giving birth with you today.
Relax and breathe and do nothing else.
Labor is hard work and you can do it.
The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process.
~ Suzanne Arms
Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.
~ Lois Wilson
Through pain find strength
Through birth find healing
It is never easy to keep reaching for dreams
Strength and courage can sometimes be lonely friends
But those who reach, walk in stardust.
Life only demands from you the strength you possess.
~ David Hammarskjold
Youre braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem. And smarter than you think.
~ Christopher Robin in Poohs Grand Adventure
You are constructing your own reality with the choices you makeor dont make. If you really want a healthy pregnancy and joyful birth, and you truly understand that you are the one in control, then you must examine what you have or havent done so far to create the outcome you want.
~ Kim Wildner-Mothers Intention: How Belief Shapes Birth
A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without retense and arrives at her destination, prepared to be herself and only herself.
~ Maya Angelou
If I dont know my options, I dont have any.
~ Diana Korte
Rain, after all is only rain; it is not bad weather. So also, pain is only pain; unless we resist it, then it becomes torment.
~ the I Ching
* My mind and body can handle a labor of any kind
* I trust my body to know how to birth this child
* I trust my instincts to know what I need in labor
* I trust my instincts to do what is best for my baby
* I am a strong and capable woman
* Only I can give birth to this baby and I accept responsibility for that challenge
* My body knows how to birth my baby
* I trust my instincts
* Babies are born when they are ready
* My body is indeed beautifully and wonderfully made
* Its good for me to take care of myself. I get to have a voice
* I have to be truthful with myself
* Listen to my body and heart
* I deserve to have the birth I desire
* I trust my body
* I am a powerful, loving and creative being
* I am now willing to experience all my feelings
* My pelvis releases and opens as have those of countless women before me
* I accept myself completely here and now
* I now feel inner peace and serenity
* I accept this labor as my labor and believe it is the right one for me and for my baby
* Good strong contractions help my baby come into the world
* I embrace the concept of healthy pain
* I have enough love to go around, the universe always provides
* I am strong, confident assured, assertive and very feminine
* My body contains all the knowledge necessary to give birth to my baby
For a Subsequent Pregnancy:
* This is a new birth and a new baby unique unto itself.
* I see my last birth as a learning experience from which I am growing and changing.